
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~ Stanley Horowitz [Image credit: Chester Barrie, ca. 1980s ad, 19 Savile Row, London W1S 3PP]
Today I feel a new day is here. It's a welcomed kiss from the autumn and one last caress from the summer. The air is cooler and I feel the difference in the sunlight too. It's paler and softly textured. The last swallows are still feeding their babies in their nest. Before too long, they will also have to make their way back home. Autumn brings out a certain type of clothing from one's wardrobe. In my case, it's my tweed jacket. So old, so faithful, so comforting and so indestructible. It's unfailing, discreet fidelity reminds me of an old school friend.

Image credit: 12th Duke of Argyll Allan Warren (via Wikimedia) He is wearing Houndstooth pattern which is my favourite. I once saw a picture of Yves Saint Laurent in a similar jacket. He looked so elegant.

Image credit: 12th Duke of Argyll Allan Warren (via AskAndyAboutClothes). I love the idea of blending in with the environment. The green olive colour corduroy trousers and Harris tweed jacket are perfect for the country.
Hello ASD:
ReplyDeleteWhilst we are clinging on to our sandals and sunglasses you are clearly reaching for the tweed already.
We are sure that, as autumn colours advance you will cut a dash in your jacket. And so, dear ASD, we are confident that you will be following the wise words of Hardy Amies...." A man should look as if he has bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care and then forgotten all about them."
Hello ASD
ReplyDeleteI love the image of 12th Duke of Argill in his cords and houndstooth jacket. Ton sur Ton and blending with his castle is most flattering.
Sending you Autumn kisses as you sport your favourite jacket.
Helen xx
What a thoughtful post! I enjoy those sold, well made
ReplyDeleteclothes.
I bought a wonderful green-greige wool boucle cape
in sheer happy expectation of the coming season. To go for walks on crisp afternoons to return home with pink cheeks to hot tea!
I love the English Country attire.